Thursday, May 10, 2012

Way Will Open

A letter from Lydia Corser, owner of Greenspace...

Dear colleagues, customers, and friends-

My mother reminded me of this Quaker saying recently, which was passed to her by my own Quaker grandma. It is the message I am holding in my heart as we move forward with the closing of the store.

Today, I write to you with an overflowing heart, because the response to our closing notice has been tremendous. We have been told every day for 5-1/2 years that greenspace is wonderful, but I didn't realize until this outpouring, how valued we truly are.

I'm working on what is next for greenspace, my own career, and my beloved employees. For myself, getting back to my interior design roots is a no-brainer. And there are so many wonderful green options for remodeling now that I can no longer carry all the samples in the back of my car. Plus, I love making and selling paint, stains and finishes you can't get anywhere else. All of that takes up space.

So, a new idea is taking root in me. What if we jettison the practical items that you can get other places, like cleaning products, baby clothes, and Klean Kanteens, and focus on paint, flooring, countertops, tile, finishes, beds and bedding? What do you think of that idea?

I want to hear from all of you: customers, contractors, interior designers, architects - would you continue to support us as you have these past 5-1/2 years? And be honest. Serve up your thoughts and advice. We can take what resonates as we move forward.

We at greenspace have staked our reputation on weeding through the literature, researching the products, companies and processes, then providing the best choices we can find as locally as possible. We would like to continue doing that, if you have projects and want us to.

Let us know. Come on in. Are you ready to do a project? Order your flooring, paint, tile, & countertops. We need to know. You, too, fellow professionals. You are a foundation of our business. Is this the way that will open?
 
Thanks again to all of you,
Lydia


No comments:

Post a Comment